It's been a while, guys, but I thought I'd ask you for some advice.
I've been toying around with the idea of making a spell book for some time now, and since i'm starting to write a new story which includes one, I thought I'd give it a try.
But now, of course, I need some spells to fill it up with! I'm pretty much looking for the ingredients of the spells/potions and what the effect of them is.
So, please, if you guys have any good ideas, put them in the comments
There are a few conditions that have to be met:
- the ingredients (or components, as they are called) must be REAL items. They cannot be unicorn hair or something fishy like "bottled spring air" or any of the sort.
- the components can be poisonous/venomous, but not for no reason. For instance, if a certain poisenous toad has neurotoxins in it's venom, it could be used as something to calm the nerves or maybe paralysis.
- the components may consist of animal parts, but keep in mind, that the bigger/more intelligent the animal is that the part comes from, the more likely it is that it will be black magic (and there is nothing wrong with that haha)
- Everything has to fit into a mortar and pestle (please keep it small. this is purely for practial reasons)
- Words in a spell are ok, but not too much if you don't mind, and make them a language that doesn't exists.
(I know it's a lot. shush!)
I'm curious to see if someone can come up with something! And if not, oh well. At least I asked